Friday, September 18, 2009

good vibrations

Today has been surprisingly fun! Ashley and Eli stopped in to work on a new LAKE t-shirt design. I won't show you any peeks yet (because I'm not sure which one they'll pick!), but I will show you a look at the new LAKE album, Let's Build A Roof! I was able to do photography for it, and while Ashley designed it, I put it together and got it into production. Exciting!

There were also surprise visits from Nick and Julia of No Kids, Phil Elverum, Karl Blau, Tara Jane O'Neil, Vanessa Lang and Brian! SO FUN. I love it when I get to see people that I really adore, even if it's just for a short amount of time. No Kids is touring with Mount Eerie, Karl Blau and TJO. They're playing in Oly next week. CAN'T WAIT!


The rest of my day has been spent waiting on my slow, slow computer to load large, large files. I've been piecing together the cover for Angelo Spencer's new record (made by Sarah Utter -- whose art I
LOVE. I will own one of her own paintings someday.) via scanning and Photoshop, and a really sweet new Curious Mystery tour poster. It looks so awesome.



Tonight we have plans to go see our friends Alex and Jessi before they move to Chicago (SUPER SAD), and maybe stop by our friend Brian's house for his birthday show (14 bands - wtf).

I have to say though, last night was
SO AWESOME! The Beach Boys were really sweet. There were only two of the original members, but the rest of the dudes in the band sounded like the original members, and they played literally all of the hits, plus a bunch of other songs I didn't even realize I wanted to hear, and two covers. The best part of the night was hearing "God Only Knows", "Good Vibrations" and "Kokomo" all in a row. SO RAD. We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I had to sneak one (very bad!) picture in, just as photographic evidence that we got to see them. I'm glad we payed the big bucks (to us) and went to see them. We probably won't ever get to again.


I'll end this with a pretty picture of the pretty view of the Puget Sound driving away from our last house here in Olympia. Have a good weekend!


Love,
Sarah

No comments: