Tuesday, November 10, 2009

priest point jurassic park


I pretty much have a billion things to write about, but I always want to post pictures with it, and never seem to have the photos with me, or I just plain forget, ever time I want to write something down. Either way, I'll update soon with new photos of our NEW KITTIES, our trip to orcas island, swap meets, Halloween, and whatever else we've been up to. The truth is, since the weekend, Joel and I have pretty much been glued to our TV playing with our new Wii. I love it. I lost 1.4 lbs (according to WW -- the Wii actually told me that I gained 6.4 within a day, and yesterday, I lost 8.8. I'm not sure that it really knows what it's talking about) over the weekend, and I've felt sore every day in a different place from doing different small exercises (my abs and arms are really killing me). It is the best! No more stupid stationary bike that takes up half of our kitchen, or trips to the gym in another city. Over it. I think that we are starting running club again, which could potentially be awesome if we really go for it. Stupid rain, though. Over it, also.

On the food front, Joel and I went to the Co-op this weekend to get a bunch of fruit and vegetables, grains and beans. I'm making it a point (at least trying it out this week) to stop eating as much processed/premade foods as I can. I've got enough new recipes laying around to really go for it and see how I feel (I'm sure it will be better), and see how much weight I lose (if any). This, with the Wii everyday, should hopefully get me somewhere. We will be making:

Zero Points Value Slow Cooker Soup
Borscht
Brussel Sprouts with Chestnuts
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Spice-Roasted Butternut Squash and Onions
Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Sesame Seeds
Crustless Pumpkin Pie

We'll hopefully make enough for Joel and I to take for lunch each day. Yum! I am also going to cut out foods with flour and sugar (I turned down free root beer floats and cupcakes this weekend!), but not be totally crazy about it if we're at someone's house or something -- you know, just to make an honest effort not to eat that stuff. I'll give it a shot. My mini goal for the end of the year is to lose weight (I'd like to be at LEAST at the weight that I was at last year at Christmas time), and also to be down one dress size. I think that this seems reasonable. I have two months. I'll do what I can! :)

Last night, Joel and I met up with Melanie of Tender Forever to take photos to be manipulated on the cover of her new LP,
No Snare. It was dark and raining hard, and we drove to Priest Point Park to go somewhere where there was no lights to take the photos. Of course our car battery would die while we were there for 5 minutes, and we spent the next hour to an hour and a half sitting in a cold car in the dark, waiting for Dirk to come rescue us and jump our car (thank you, Dirk!). He showed up, and wouldn't you know it, someone had come by to lock the park up (it was 7:30!). We walked to the entrance after a small freak-out between Joel and I (he had to be at work by 6am today), and Melanie luckily got the gate open (freak-out over). We snuck Dirk's car in, started ours, and directly went to buy jumper cables. The photos from above and below are my mini-documentations of the night. Joel summed it up on Facebook with: priest point jurassic park car battery death night with sarah and melanie. saved by the dirk.

I hope that you have a good day! I'm getting over a small cold, so Shawn took Mariella and I out to pho! So nice! I'm drinking lots of hot tea and water. I suggest you do the same!

Also, I rejoined twitter! Add me here if you want!

xo
sarah


No comments: