Monday, March 29, 2010

New Tumblrs/Blog Look & Forks Trip!

{the only reeeaaallly cheesy picture from our trip to Forks}
I'm listening to Pandora Radio, the "Bryan White" station that I created, and it's pretty much my favorite thing on the planet. It has all of the good stuff that I love, and all I want to do is listening to country music and go to country shows, and shoot country bands. George Strait just came on to remind me of the George Strait/Reba McIntyre show that we drove by and missed yesterday, but with tickets at $120/each, it just wasn't a possibility. Bummer!

I'm actually listening to music because I'm sitting in the dark while Joel's sleeping, and the weather outside is totally bogus and scary with crazy rain and wind, and trees hitting the house and fence. The cats are kind of bugging out over it, and I'm dreading my walk to work tomorrow. :( I need to get another bus pass asap.

Joel and I had a pretty mellow weekend. There was a lot of sleeping in, home-made french toast with bananas, grocery shopping, cleaning and organizing, movie watching, and a day trips to Puyallup and Shelton. Nothing too exciting to speak of, and not the best weekend ever, but it could have been worse. It was nice to have a couple of days off from computer problems at work, and time to work on my own artwork.

I've been spending some time going through my google reader, and I've created two new tumblr pages for the tutorials that I want to try, and the images that I love. It's really making some room, and giving me organized places to draw inspiration from. You can find the links here:




Just click the images to get to the different pages. While I was at it, I gave my blog a new look, just in time for Spring. I wish I could figure out how to really cute it up, but unfortunately, I'm not that html savy. At least that's a good goal to shoot for! Edit: "loves" is no more! Sorry!

About a month ago, Joel and I took a really nice trip to the coast to get away, and I figured that it's about time I post a few pictures. It was the best trip we've taken in a while, even though it was only for about 36 hours total. We really packed a lot into it!

We left a little early from work on a really nice day on Friday and drove to Aberdeen and hit a couple of thrift stores, got a snack, and drove on to Forks. We stayed at my favorite little hotel there, and had a really embarrassing night, but nothing too terrible. We ate at the local burger place (and had the Bella burgers, duh!), and went back early to watch some tv and get to sleep early. The next morning, we got up before the sunrise, and drove to Neah Bay to see what was going on around there. It was soooo beautiful! The speed limit was about 35, and we drove along the coast for what seemed like forever. I swear we spotted about seven bald eagles while we were there, and a billion wild dogs. We followed the road for as far as it would take us, and ended up at Cape Flattery. We took a hike down to see where it would take us, and the scenery seemed completely fake and surreal. It's hard to believe that we were in Washington!



We were back from our little hike (and it was, going back!) before 8:30, so we headed back to Neah Bay to have breakfast by the water. We had yummy omelettes, and went on to the local museum and killed a couple of hours talking to man working who was able to give us a bunch of information for first-hand info about the people around there, and events that had taken place around the area. It was really neat! There's a life-size replica building inside of the museum of the old buildings that used to be around there, not to mention some really great dioramas!





We made our way back to Forks after this, got drinks from the grocery, and drove down to Ruby Beach to meet our friend Judy, who was up there for a few hours for a day trip! We walked around the beach, found caves, raced to touch rocks before the water came back to hit us, drew pug faces in the sand, walked through streams, and dipped our toes in the tides. It was really magical and bright, which is totally different from the last time I was there with my mom last summer -- total fog. It was fun to hang out with Judy in a different location, and I hope that we can do it again soon!







After our fun at the beach, we drove to the Hoh Rainforest, but it was getting dark, so we didn't venture too far. We did stumble onto massive amounts of mossy trees and about 30 elk. We kept going, and I'm glad we did, because we were able to make it to La Push to see the sunset. And wow, what a sunset!
We were going to take off after that, but Joel found a parking spot, and we found a secret sketchy trail down to the beach that cut the time down there in half. We found a cute bench and hung out until it was almost too dark to see, so we headed back to Forks. So magical!


We walked around town and of course went to the Twilight store to find a goodie for my mom (we just saw New Moon two weeks ago! This weekend they were showing both Twilight and New Moon at the drive-in! I wish we'd waited to see both there!), and got some mexican food that made us feel totally awful.



We decided to head home after that to sleep in our own bed, and save more sight-seeing for another trip! Seriously, one of the best day trips ever!

Hope that you have a nice Monday! I will leave you with a video of the crashing waves from La Push!


love,
sarah