Friday, March 5, 2010

Tempted

Today I was been tempted to sit in the sun (the sun!) all day, but I had to work. Luckily, we went for a walk at lunch, and spent some time outside. At lunch, I was tempted to eat the pizza that everyone I was with was eating, but I ate my beets, cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli (and snacked on raisins for the rest of the day!). After lunch, I went with Mariella so that she could buy a gift for a friend at Room 30 (which is my favorite store in Olympia. Unfortunately, I am so broke that I've never bought anything in there!), and was tempted to buy the basket that I've had my eye on for the past year. It sound silly, but it's not just any basket. It looks like lace, doubles as a bike basket/shopping basket, and is LOVELY! Over Christmas, I took three separate trips to The Container Store (the first time I'd ever been there), to purchase the cheap version of the basket. I couldn't justify spending $25 for something that I couldn't pinpoint an exact use for, or location for in our house (and I still can't! Boooo!). But today, I saw the real one in person, and it was just as gorgeous, if not more, than the cheapie from TCS. As it turns out, I'd given Joel my credit card earlier in the morning, so buying anything wasn't even an option.
After Room 30, Mar got ICE CREAM. It looked soooo good. And I resisted. Sigh. It seems like I have no fun when I'm trying to be healthy and money-wise. But it's for the best, I suppose.

Tonight though, I'm driving up with Mariella to go see Thao and Mirah in Seattle. I love them both, so it should be a good time. I've even mentioned plans for Pinkberry, so maybe I'm just pacing myself for the fun to begin!

Speaking of Tempted though, I'm reminded of Marty Stuart. I wish Joel would do this with me! I kind of want to hang out with these people. No joke!


On Sunday, along with Sarah Utter and Sarah Adams, I'm shooting Mirah for a Mississippi Records 7". I'm kind of excited -- think motorcycles!
Love,
Sarah

P.S. Scroll through these pictures. Beautiful!

No comments: