Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spending Hiatus // Week Five

Okay, this is getting silly. This should really be called "What I Bought This Week" instead of "Spending Hiatus." What am I doing?? The big thing that I took home this week was the beautiful purse above, which the lovely and talented Sophia de Groen made, and I fell in love with it instantly. We have the reversed colors (more teal and brown) of fabric framed in one of our large baby blue frames in our hallway, so duh, I obviously had to bring it home from Vashon. And it's made SO well! I can't even tell you. Well, I guess I don't have to sell you on the purchase, because I already have it. And actually, I traded it for another Liberty of London quilt that I found tonight at the Target in Puyallup. So what if we'll have matching quilts? They are BEAUTIFUL! We're in a club, right? Sounds good to me.

All else sounds good, right? Well, in all honesty, I was just fine spending money today. And I have been. I haven't been cutting back, really, at all. And even though our credit card bill is going down, it's not moving very fast, and could be gone by now already. After our billionth trip to Target (why do I have to love everything there??), and my billionth time trying to buy more LOL stuff, Joel and I had a big fight. I know that it's stupid, but we eat out, spend too much money on stuff we don't need, and get crap that we don't need at the grocery store more often than we should. We are in debt. Let's be real.

Starting today (FOR REAL! We shook on it!), we are enforcing our January rule -- NO EATING OUT FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL. NO SPENDING MONEY, PERIOD. We will buy gas for Joel to get to work, we will try not to buy more groceries (minus produce), and we will pay our bills. Everything else is going to get this bad boy taken care of.

On two final notes, I re-joined Weight Watchers. Just the online version this time, and I am sticking with it well, so far. And I can't remember if I mentioned it at all already, but this year, K offered me the chance to start an IRA, and I took it. Earlier today, I deposited my first check of $457.76. Not a bad start.

I'm so over money.

Thanks for reading this.

love,
sarah

No comments: