Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Woah!

Look at the totally rude email that I got last night -- probably the rudest that I've ever gotten. Why bother being so negative to someone that you've never met? Actually, why bother being so negative anyway? It's a bummer to see that he's friends with a few of the nicest people that I know in Denver. I bet he's not this mean in person (at least I hope not, for his sake).

Dear Sarah


Wow! We were looking for photographers for our band. Then we came across your website. Then we looked at it. Then we threw up.

So, do you just take pictures of local idiot hipsters, trying to look as ironic as they can? Because I didn't see any pictures that were even interesting. Justa bunch of privilaged urban white kids with no talent. If I bought a microKorg and an Urban outfitters hoodie, would you take my picture and put it up here. Here's the thing. I'm sure you are somewhat comfortable eating organic foods, hanging out at your local hipster bar, having a couple ethnic freinds who are "kitschy because they're black", and being generally adorable in your hipster princess palace. But that's not the crime. The crime is that you glorify bad music, and white power with your narrow minded pictures of upper class hipster douchebags. Nice try including Ian Svenonious and Calvin Johnson. We just thought you might want to know that no one thinks your cute and your a talantless hack that scratches the backs of other talentless hacks. And wow, you moved to Olympia. Probably because you have no talent and you thought that that would make you look prestigious. Next time, try taking a picture of someone who's not a privileged brat. Get real!

13 comments:

Heather D said...

wow. what a fucking idiot. The good news is, obviously you don't need to take this seriously as this person is the one who has the problems, not you. Bummer for them to carry around so much hate.

molly said...

i wouldn't pay too much attention to someone who misspells "talent".

99mm Graffiti Magazine said...

Haters like this mean your doing something really right. Keep taking great shots (OLY PRIDE) -JAPANTHER

Alex B said...

Idiots can't spell 'friends'

Alex B said...

Oh, and they don;t know how to use 'you're' and 'your'

Double idiots

Brie Oberle said...

For the record, I think you're cute and I think you're talented. Also, I know the proper usage of "your" and "you're."

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that this person took a long enough break from picking his nose to try and write a letter. So, the English teacher in me leads me to ask...what is the author's purpose? Certainly the issue is within the writer. I wonder why the person is so upset with his existence that the only way to feel important is try to lower others in his estimation. Oh well. He should take up knitting. Or get a job?

Brandee said...

While we're at it...your vs. you're...

Ugh, Sarah, this email makes my skin crawl.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

i completely agree with 99mm.

Noah said...

Pretty funny.
Apparently, this person thinks you are doing really well, and that makes them really angry.
What's the angry person's e-mail address?

Tender Forever said...

So far being a hipster feels much better than being an asshole. I'm glad the distinction is finally made through a letter from an asshole to the coolest. Also, i think i could easily draw a picture they could use as their band press picture. It would be a fart. Yes wind. Just stinky wind.

Sarah, you rule. There is no question about that. LOVE.

sarahcass said...

Heather, Molly, Japanther dudes, Alex, Brie, Anonymous, Brandee, Adam, Noah, and Melanie!

Thank you for your responses to this stupid email! You guys are totally right about everything, and it's so silly that he even wrote this. Why bother, right? You guys are so sweet and made me feel so much better. And Melanie -- you are FUNNY!

Thank you guys sooooooo much! You are all the best ever! <333

nvtracy said...

May I just say for the record stupid people piss me off!! If that person can not see your talent Sarah that is his problem! Love you Sarah I think your pictures are great!!