Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hawaii Trip 2010: Day One!

At the end of September, I took a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii on my own! At the end of the week, I photographed the beautiful wedding of two sweet and lovely people, Jessica and Josh, but for the entire week before (6 days!), I was able to rent a car and drive around the island.

The first night though (and actually a few times throughout the week), my mom Pricelined a hotel room for me over the phone. Isn't she the best? I ended up at the Royal Kona Resort, right at the edge of the main downtown strip, and I looooooooooved it!

The view looking down into the middle of my hotel.
The private snorkling cove -- where I came back to the first night to hop into the water (followed by the beautiful pool!).
Another view!
Palm trees! Omg!
Walking up towards the front desk/pool.
The pool/hotel view. Behind me is the water and luau area!
Walking along the strip.
The water!

More palm trees!
One of my favorite things about the Big Island is all of the murals! They are everywhere! So good!



A view of the hotel from the strip.
My favorite building -- look at that Holy Cow sign!
Swimming and snorkeling at sunset. I wish the picture could capture how giant the sun was!
Colorful walls of flowers!
My first hotel room of the trip!
Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

chriskalani said...

Looks beautiful! I was just on Maui a couple weeks ago. I wish I was still there. This PNW rain is bringing me down. Have fun!