Monday, October 10, 2011

happy 25th birthday, joel davenport!!!

Tomorrow is Joel's 25th birthday, so continuing on our Twin Peaks themed birthday presents (I will try to scan Joel's present to me soon!), I tried my hand at making a cherry pie (his absolute favorite!) for the first time ever! My first pie, if you don't count my favorite crustless pumpkin pie, and it was a total success! Obviously, my favorite part was embellishing it with Joel's name, but the other best part was when Joel walked in the door and the first thing he said was, "What did you burn?" Nice. For the record, I totally didn't burn it, and as you can see by the photos that follow, he totally enjoyed it. I have a feeling that it's going to be even better the next day. I'm saving my piece for tomorrow for his actual birthday!

Yum!
Sarah

P.S. We met our kitties on Joel's birthday two years ago. Does that mean we should have a kitty cat birthday party too (complete with kitty party hats and toys)? I'm thinking we should!



No comments: