Tuesday, November 22, 2011

happy halloween (a little late)!

On the Saturday before Halloween, Joel finally agreed to go to the pumpkin patch with me!  I hadn't been since I was in kindergarten and I really wanted to start a tradition for us to pick out our pumpkins to carve every year.  Since we were so late to go, there were some gnarly pumpkins hanging around the fields, but it was still fun to walk around and look for the perfect one, not to mention watching all of the pony rides, kids on hay rides, and apple guns!

Joel was a good sport and we ended up with two small Cinderella pumpkins (coming in at under $4 for both of them!), with warts and all!

Check out those leaves!

After stopping for some pumpkin ale and pizza, we made our way over to Mike and Beth's house to carve pumpkins with them and baby Ryer.  Turns out, Cinderella pumpkins are NOT GOOD CARVING PUMPKINS.  What took Mike five minutes (literally!) to carve took Joel and I about two hours, but we powered through and totally finished them!  Worth it!

Joel's old man!

Mike's scary pumpkin face!

My kitty cat!

And Beth's Happy Halloween!

On the actual Halloween, Joel and I stayed home and waited for trick-or-treaters, but didn't even get ONE!  I hope that your Halloween was just as wonderful though . . . and since we're so close (and I'm so behind!), I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving as well!  :)

Love,
Sarah

P.S.  While my pumpkin was in front of our house this month, every few days I would come home and an ear would be missing, and then the top!  One night when I was going to pick up Joel from school, I opened the door to a raccoon on our front porch . . . I'm pretty sure I know where the missing kitty ears went!  :)

No comments: