Sunday, November 25, 2012

christmas in grand junction 2011

Joel and I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas apart last year -- he went home to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and I went home for Christmas, based on the time that we both had off for the holidays.  It was a bummer to be apart, but it worked out for me to spend more time in Colorado at Christmas, and it was nice to spend time with family, without worrying about if the other person was bored.  

My trip was pretty mellow, and mostly included hanging out with my grandma during the day, and spending time with my parents during the evening.  My mom and I wanted to give bokeh a shot, but I'm still not convinced that we were doing it right.  We did get close to something good towards the end.  I had to include our pet photos though while we were at it!


These photos are from Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  Since I was little, we've been spending Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family (usually at my Uncle's house), and we've just started spending Christmas day with them as well.  Totally mellow and great.  This year, we decided to exchange only socks as gifts.  It worked out great!  Everyone needs socks!


Love,
Sarah

No comments: